Our Curriculum Vision
How will our pupils THINK?
How will our pupils FEEL?
What will our pupils DO?
- Demonstrate outstanding learning behaviours
- Use appropriate social skills
- Solve problems and embrace challenges
- Apply knowledge and transfer skills to all areas of the curriculum
- Use the 6Rs at all times
- Our curriculum will have a speaking and listening focus to develop social language skills
- Life skills, basic skills and SMSC will be embedded throughout
- Lessons will be relevant, purposeful and personalised and will not be scheme or worksheet based
- Topics and themes will be enquiry based and skills learnt will always be applied in a relevant context
- Where relevant the curriculum will follow the progression of Farnley, Leeds, Yorkshire, England, British Isles, World. This will give the children a sense of identity and an understanding of where their place is in the world.
Our curriculum will take full account of new National Curriculum (2014) key skills and be a source of enquiry and knowledge. It will be planned in a creative way that shows progression.
- Children will be taught how to become enterprising, emotionally intelligent and socially responsible 21st century British citizens.
- Current ICT used in school will reflect the needs of today’s learners
- The humanities and the arts are essential parts of our curriculum and will be used to raise attainment in literacy and numeracy.
- The curriculum will make appropriate use of resources, visits and visitors that create a sense of awe and wonder.
- The school grounds and local community will be used to support learning on a regular basis.
- Healthy lifestyles will be promoted through the school curriculum and extra-curricular activities
- As many children as possible will be given the opportunity to represent the school, e.g. in sporting or creative activities