PE at Cobden
PE timetable Autumn term 2020
Our vision for PE at Cobden
In April 2013, the Government announced new funding (Sports Premium) for physical education (PE), sport and physical activity to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision in school. This funding - provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport - will be allocated to primary school headteachers and has recently been extended to run until 2020.
From September 2017, the decision to double the sports premium funding was made. This funding comes in conjunction with the childhood obesity strategy. As a result, this academic year we are due to receive £17660 in 2 payments. The funding is aimed at schools to achieve 5 key indicators as set by the DfE.
The 5 key indicators to work towards are:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- Raise the profile of PE, physical activity and school sport as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff teaching PE and sport
- Offer a broader experience of a range of sports and activities for all pupils
- Increase participation in competitive sport
Please have a look at our full breakdown of spending so far this academic year, how we are going to continue spending the funding and how we are working towards achieving these goals by clicking the PDF for the impact of the PE fund below.
Please have a look through our page for sport participation and achievements as well as the premium end of year reports for the impact of the funding within our school each year since being introduced.